BlueSky Wireless has an opportunity for a software engineer to join our team developing real time, business and life critical mobile applications installed around the UK, Europe, Asia, North Africa and the USA.
Alarms and warning systems are a necessary evil in the world today. We need them to keep track of the complex procedures we use to make businesses work efficiently and profitably. But they can quickly turn into a nightmare scenario as we try to keep track of them all.
Managing all these different warning measures in isolation and as a package can be complicated and time consuming. It takes joined up thinking to make the many different relationships work in harmony.
That is where BlueSky Wireless come in. We develop bespoke, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to knit all the warning and monitoring systems together, allowing them to speak to users and to each other. The good news is that our system is bolt-on, working with existing alarm and monitoring systems, saving additional expenditure.
- Interpretation of user and system requirements.
- Assist in the design, development, coding and testing of BlueSky’s Server and Mobile Applications.
- Design and development of .NET Core back end applications using C#.
- Working in a small office with a friendly atmosphere.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A strong ability to solve numerical problems and implement solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Graduated with a computer science or other relevant undergraduate degree.
- Ability to work professionally, quickly, and accurately whilst under pressure with a friendly, positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent working knowledge of the C# programming language.
- Self-motivated, pleasant personality. Must be able to work in a team and individually.
- Ability to communicate with accuracy and clarity in both verbal and written communications, especially with internal staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of asynchronous implementations of systems on .NET Core.
- TCP/IP and UDP.
- SQL, relational database principles and integration with database servers.
- Knowledge of POSIX compliant operating systems such as Linux and BSD.
- Knowledge of working with Regular Expressions (“regex”) to extract and manage textual data.
- The post is open from February 2021.
- Office hours 37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday with flexible working.
- 21 days holiday per year in addition to public holidays.
BlueSky Wireless Limited
Harmire Enterprise Park