BlueSky Wireless has an opportunity for an undergraduate student studying computer science or software engineering to join our team developing real time, business critical mobile applications installed around the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate will gain hands on experience of software development working within a small team of developers. There will be lots of different projects with plenty of variety and a small individual project to complete during the course of the year.
After an initial training period the student will work on projects from design, development, test and delivery. You will be able to see the whole project from start to finish.
There will also be opportunity to travel on full expenses; BlueSky Wireless' office is in the North of England however many of our customer are in London.
Click here to see what a previous placement student said about us.
- Interpretation of user and system requirements.
- Assist in the design, development, coding and testing of BlueSky's Mobile Applications.
- Design and development of VB.NET mobile applications connecting to enterprise and cloud based systems.
- Working in a small office with a friendly atmosphere.
- Configuring, installing, monitoring and maintaining customer systems.
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with some flexible working.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A strong ability to solve numerical problems and implement web based solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Studying a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Ability to work professionally, quickly and accurately whilst under pressure with a friendly, positive can do attitude.
- Excellent working knowledge of the VB.Net or C# programming languages, relational database principles and integration with database servers and the ability to code in VB.NET.
- Self-motivated, pleasant personality. Must enjoy working in a team and individually.
- Ability to communicate with accuracy and clarity in both verbal and written communications, especially with internal staff at all levels.
- Good understanding of MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point etc) and the Internet is very important.
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach.
- TCP/IP and UDP
- HTML and CSS
- MySQL, SQL and stored procedures.
- Web Services
- CSCS card
- Manual handling, ladder safety and confined space safety.
Leisure Centre: climbing wall, swimming pool, squash, badminton, all weather football, skate park, gym
Other Sports: rugby club, cricket club, football club, hockey club, BMX track, canoe club
Office: shower room
Mountain biking: North Pennines
- This opportunity is to start from June or July 2014
- Duration 12 to 15 months
- Office hours 37.5hrs per week with some flexible working
- 21 days holiday per year in addition to public holidays.
- £12,000 to £14,000 per year depending on ability.
Apply by email with CV and personal statement to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications 2nd May 2014
+44 (0)1833 600 336
+44 (0)870 705 1659